At long last, Nevermind now supports Apple Watch on all currently available platforms—including Mac and Windows (VR & “Flat Screen”).
To use the Apple Watch as a sensor, all you need to do is:
- Download the iPhone Nevermind Companion App
IMPORTANT: As with all Apple Watch apps, an iPhone 5 or later is required.
- Make sure that the Apple Watch app installs alongside it. You may need to go into “Watch” app on your phone to ensure that it has permission to install to your watch.
- Launch the app from your phone. Make sure to enable Read Heart Rate data when it asks.
- Open up the app on the Watch (if it didn’t open automatically).
- Give the Watch app a few moments to start reading your heart rate. You should see it update on the phone shortly thereafter.
- Launch Nevermind from your Mac or Windows machine.
- When you are done playing, press “Stop” on either the iPhone or Watch app and close the iPhone app completely. If you don’t press “Stop,” the Watch app will keep reading your heart rate in the background and, before you know it, drain your watch’s battery power. Closing out the iPhone app will ensure that it can properly reconnect with the game next time you use it.
We’re so excited to be adding Apple Watch to our family of supported sensors. As always, if you have any questions or run into any issues with it or any of our sensors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!